Job Title: Applications Specialist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (Up to 50% Travel to Tumbler Ridge, BC is required)
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The Applications Development and Support Specialist will be responsible and accountable for the administration, development, maintenance, and support of our core ERP system D365, Share point, and Power BI. The specialist participates in the activities required to ensure the reliability, stability, availability, performance of, the security of, and ongoing maintenance of the Application components that make up our D365 Environment.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia
Three time winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Accountable for MS Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, ongoing support, BI system, Data Warehouse, SharePoint development.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of application support to end-users, documenting application support procedures.
- Participate in all phases of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle, including planning, solution design, development, test execution, and implementation of new business applications or enhancements.
- Perform impact analysis of changes to an application or technology platform.
- Manage small to medium-sized solutions, including minor enhancements, BI reports development, SharePoint and operational support of MS Dynamics 365.
- Responsible for Tier 1 support for some business applications and web services.
- This position will be based in Vancouver but require traveling to our head office in Tumbler Ridge, and nearby mine sites, up to two weeks a month.
- Other duties as assigned by the department head.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years experience with .Net, JAVA, SharePoint development and ERP support
- Preference will be given to candidates with Dynamics 365 - Finance and Operations experience
Technical Competencies and Skills
- Experience in Solution Development Life Cycle.
- Experience working in a tiered service delivery framework (e.g. Tier 1, Tier 2 and n-Tier support levels) environment.
- Deep understanding of intersection of business and technology to readily engage in issue resolution and investigation for complex financial challenges related to integration and reporting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing product evaluations, product selection, integrating infrastructure components and developing reusable set of application services to be used across a suite of applications.
- Proficiency in developing SQL queries and extracting data from databases, and understand complex database schemas and database objects.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors, consultants and external parties as part of the ongoing application support and development.
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate/collaborate effectively with clients, management, and project teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving capability, and ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations/processes.
- Ability to meet requirements of own and department's action plans
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, consistency, confidentiality and a commitment to continuous improvement in the work environment.
- Analytical skills to understand issues, determine and implement solutions
- Willingness to be “on call” on a rotating basis.
Leadership and Problem-Solving Capability
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Proven initiative and self-motivation.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize assignments.
- Demonstrated problem solving, decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Lead by example to maintain high standards of conduct at workplace.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity skills.
- Be consistent and fair in decision making process.
- Proven conflict management skills.
Work Location / Travel
The position will be based at the Conuma Coal Resources Vancouver based office, but will require approximately 50% travel to Tumbler Ridge, and nearby mine sites in Northeast BC.
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer.