- The development, implementation and execution of a supply chain strategy (for parts and consumables).
- Consolidating the procurement function for common materials across the organization.
- Procuring assets to support business driven change (e.g. expansions, new operations, feasibility projects).
- Deliver and implement life cycle agreements that will enhance and support asset costs and availability.
- Establish partnerships with key suppliers, effectively drive unit costs down.
- Investigate and implement processes and systems that will reduce procurement cost and improve the fill-rate (availability of parts).
- Share knowledge across all sites.
- Optimize supply chain (e.g. transport, warehousing, etc.)
- Evaluate systems to support and improve communication and transfer of data between sites and vendors.
- Coach on-site purchasing and warehousing management.
- Develop and maintain supply chain policies and procedures.
- Manage procurement and Contracts team.
Problem Solving Capability:
- Leads identification and ensures resolution of complex technical, operational and organizational problems
- Anticipates potential future problems and ensure mitigation
Education & Qualifications:
- Degree in a related field
- SCMP – Supply Chain Management Professional designation is an asset
Technical Competencies & Skills:
- The work of the President and Chief Executive Officer combines both tactical and strategic analytical capability at the highest level. It requires a broad base of operational and financial experience. The level of analytical capability must be maintained and demonstrated at a very high level.
- Strong operational experience and advanced knowledge of mining industry and global marketing challenges/opportunities in the coal sector
- Strong leadership capability with strong emphasis on mentoring and developing people
- The ability to review progress and prioritize resources to achieve operational success
- Passion and experience in achieving outstanding performance in the areas of health, safety and environmental stewardship
- Comfort and capability in pursuing business focused collaboration
- Strong commercial and value delivered focus
- Strong leadership skills that start with leading self and align with Conuma Coal’s vision and values
- Rigorous, data based approach to decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills enabling the writing and presentation of high quality reports and other presentation material
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner in both formal and informal contexts
Note: The requirements and responsibilities contained in this job description do not create a contract of employment and are not meant to be all-inclusive. They may be changed by the role manager during employment on an as-needed basis