Job Title: Dispatch Technician
Location: Brule Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The Dispatch Technician works in a highly dynamic and critical mining environment. The successful candidate will be focused on high availability and support of the Dispatch System, Pit Wi-Fi Network, Terrain for Drilling, Fatigue Monitoring and Collision Avoidance Systems.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and maintain Wenco Mining System hardware on mining equipment fleet.
- Rajant networking infrastructure deployment and management.
- Maintain onboard radios/trailer repeaters for the Industrial network.
- Parts inventory management.
- Prioritize repairs IT/Radio Maintenance of radio systems.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Red Seal Certification as an Instrumentation Technician, Electrician or Radio Technician Required
- 4-8 years experience in the mining industry with thorough understanding of mining equipment, work practices, and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of network troubleshooting and repair. Familiar with Wenco Mining Systems or similar dispatch system hardware and software. Strong knowledge of radio hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Team collaboration is a key element for this role. Will work closely with dispatch personnel, equipment operators, and IT Department.
Work Environments / Conditions
This position is required to make field visits to other areas of the mine property. He/she must have the ability to travel by foot or vehicle. Some requirements for this position include: Lifting, climbing stairs, and equipment, working around electrical equipment, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge and Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.