Job Title: Dispatcher
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Number of positions: 4
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
The Dispatcher is responsible for maximizing system benefits and ensuring accurate data for the Wenco Fleet Management System. This role is accountable to deliver productivity targets by ensuring appropriate utilization of site resources. This role is also responsible for ensuring reliable production data is captured and reported for production planning requirements by monitoring the overall performance of the mine fleet. This role is also accountable for the use and data collection for the CAT Terrain Drill System, Hexagon Collision Avoidance System, and Hexagon Fatigue Management System.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with mining, coal plant and maintenance supervisors to achieve the operating plan.
- Plan and control truck allocation to loading units in accordance with planning priorities and manage truck assignments to maximize productivity.
- Monitor targets relating to key improvement initiatives within the Mining Operations team that focus on operational loss reduction and increasing productivity of the truck and shovel fleet.
- Coordinate scheduled breaks and maintenance activities (i.e. refueling, lube, etc).
- Communicating fleet break downs to the maintenance department as quickly as possible to minimize down time, then properly dispatch running repair mechanics as needed.
- Oversee equipment operations on a continuous basis to ensure the achievement of operating and maintenance objectives.
- Assist operational Foremen with allocation of equipment.
- Ensure maintenance goals are met.
- Coordinate emergency response procedures when required.
- Monitor delay utilization to ensure reliable data is being gathered.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following systems is preferred: Fleet Management, Machine Health, Collision Avoidance, Fatigue Management, Terrain for Drilling.
- Minimum 2 years open pit mining experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of mining processes and mine monitoring control systems (operations and maintenance).
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Supervisory experience in an open pit operation is desirable.
- Sound computer skills, including working with spreadsheets.
- Excellent computer skills.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).