Job Title: Electrician
Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC / Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
Safely and efficiently perform electrician duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift. Ensure the reliability of the overall electrical systems in both the process plant and open pit mine.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently perform electrician duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
- Ensure the reliability of the overall electrical systems in both the process plant and open pit mine.
Qualifications and Experience
- Red Seal Certification
- Previous experience in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of poser distribution systems and programmable (PLC) controllers.
Skills and Abilities
- A thorough working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and its applicable supplements
- An understanding of acceptable safety procedures relating to work on site involving energized or de-energized electrical equipment
- Work effectively from drawings and manuals
- Manual dexterity
- Good vision (glasses are acceptable)
- Good eye-hand coordination
- Able to concentrate on detailed work
This position is required to make field visits to other areas of the mine property. He/she must be physically fit and have the ability to travel by foot or vehicle. Some requirements for this position include: Lifting, climbing stairs, working around electrical equipment, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee buses are available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).