The primary responsibility for this position is to support the mine site operations team with the objective of meeting safety and production targets by ensuring compliance with environmental permit conditions,applicable legislation and agreements with stakeholders.
Reporting to the Environmental Coordinator, the primary responsibility for this position is to achieve departmental annual objectives and targets. This can be achieved by:
Essential Functions (95%)
(75%) Primary Purpose
•Responsible for collection of all field data &reporting to ensure compliance with all permitting requirements;
•Responsible to maintain all field equipment
•Capable of implementing sediment and erosion measures under the direction of supervisor
•Ensure all samples are properly preserved and transported
•Responsible to maintain laboratory equipment in good working order;
•Responsible for all care and maintenance of all associated motorized equipment.
•Ensure all samples are properly prepared for shipping
•Ensure all data entry is correct and entered in a timely fashion
Additional Functions (5%)
•Miscellaneous. Other duties as required.
LEADERSHIP AND PROBLEM-SOLVING CAPABILITY
· Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
· Possess strong problem-solving ability;
· Ability to fix field equipment and work under challenging environmental conditions;
· Ability to spot hazards at the work sites, which may employees put at risks; and
· Ability to be flexible to be needs of the company.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
· Ability to safely maintain and operate motorized field vehicles (Snowmobile, UTV/ATV)
· Related field with preferably 2 -3 years experience in a relevant field.
· Requires an individual who is highly organized and able to work independently and safely with minimal direction, as well as bephysically fit and able to work outdoors year-round in extreme weather conditions;
· Self starter and good manners;
· Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy;
· Ability to trouble shoot faulty field equipment; and
· Team player and upholds company values.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· The ideal candidate will have a Diploma or Degreein Environmental Technology, Biological Sciences Technology or related field with preferably 2 -3 years’ experience in a relevant field.
· Eligibility in Professional Designation is preferred (ie. RBTech, ABT, R.P.Bio, CPESC, etc.), or “in-training”
· 1 -3 years experience in a relevant field. Will consider other training and experience deemed equivalent
· Previous experience in a mining or industrial setting would be an asset, and computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel is required; and
· Training in First Aid, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and WHIMS is desirable
NOTE:This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbent within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,responsibilities and qualifications required of incumbent assigned to the role.