Conuma Coal are seeking expressions of interest for the Environmental Sampler program for 2019. The program runs from 1 April to 30 June 2019, with one position at Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine Mines.
The candidates will be required to perform the following tasks, with all training provided:
- Collect and prepare air, water, and soil samples for shipment as per environmental permits.
- Interpret results of laboratory tests and document results.
- Undertaken analysis of environmental data and prepare basic reports for supervisors.
- Participate in field investigations and inspections.
- Participate in and learn about mine site activities.
- Update training packages including training new hires on environmental stewardship.
The candidates will be required to perform their job in a variety of settings, including offices and fieldwork. The ideal candidate will:
- Be enrolled in or be considering taking a diploma from a technical college, or bachelor’s degree in a field such as environmental science.
- Be comfortable working outdoors in extreme climates, including operating a 4wd truck.
- Be physically fit and able to walk up to 5 km per day in uneven terrain.
- Be comfortable working alone for short periods.
- Have experience contributing to a team.
- Be eager to learn from and work with other professionals within the Environmental Department.
The following bus schedules are available:
- Willow Creek Mine- Chetwynd
- Brule Mine- Chetwynd or Tumbler Ridge
- Wolverine Mine- Tumbler Ridge
The work schedule will be a 5 x 2 roster.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send in a basic resume to firstname.lastname@example.org