Job Title: Haul Truck / Dozer / Grader / Excavator / Shovel Operators - Mining
Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
The Haul Truck / Dozer / Grader / Excavator / Shovel Operators will beresponsible for providing support to mine operations in an active open pit coalmine.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Komatsu 1500’s, Cat 785, Cat 789 and Cat 793 haul trucks to transport overburden, waste rock and coal from the mine
- Operate tracked Cat D8, D10 and D11 dozers to efficiently manage dumps, move coal and perform other tasks as required.
- Operate Cat 14H, 16H, 16M and 24M graders to level and maintain mine haul roads.
- Operate CAT 325, 365, 385, 390, Hitachi 1200 and Komatsu 2000 excavators to safely and efficiently load haul trucks.
- Operate Hitachi 8000, 5500, 3600, Komatsu 4000 & LeTourneau 1350 shovels to safely andefficiently load haul trucks
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner, perform pre-trip checks and complete FLHA's on a regular basis.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1+ years in a mining environment
- Recent working experience in similar roles within the mining industry, experience in hard rock preferred
- Valid driver's license preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Physically fit with the ability to perform physical labor
- First aid / Mine rescue training is considered an asset
Work Location / Travel
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge (Wolverine Mine and Brule Mine), Chetwynd (Brule Mine and Willow Creek Mine) and Mackenzie (Willow Creek Mine).
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place.
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.