Job Title: Haul Truck / Dozer / Grader / Excavator Operators - Mining
Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
The Haul Truck / Dozer / Grader / Excavator Operators will be responsible for providing support to mine operations in an active open pit coal mine.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Komatsu 1500’s, Cat 785, Cat 789 and Cat 793 haul trucks to transport overburden, waste rock and coal from the mine
- Operate tracked Cat D8, D10 and D11 dozers to efficiently manage dumps, move coal and perform other tasks as required.
- Operate Cat 14H, 16H, 16M and 24M graders to level and maintain mine haul roads.
- Operate CAT 325, 365, 385, 390, Hitachi 1200 and Komatsu 2000 excavators to safely and efficiently load haul trucks.
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner, perform pre-trip checks and complete FLHA's on a regular basis.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1+ years in a mining environment
- Recent working experience in similar roles within the mining industry, experience in hard rock preferred
- Valid driver's license preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- First aid / Mine rescue training is considered an asset
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in North-Eastern BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, North Eastern British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge, Chetwynd and Mackenzie
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place.
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).