Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Brule Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule/ Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The HR Administrator will provide administrative support and reporting for the HR department at Brule Mine.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in Northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the HR department.
- Supporting managers through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Data entry
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma
- ABT or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen and earn respect from other employees
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Possess strong problem-solving ability, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity, good judgment,and discretion.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year.Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).