Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The IT Manager shall be responsible for developing and managing the Information Management (IM) and Information Technology (IT) functions for Conuma Coal Resources Limited across both the Commercial and Industrial Domains.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in Northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Manager must have very strong IT and IM technical, as well as managerial and communication skills to lead an effective IT Department and IT/IM vendors in delivering a robust and comprehensive IT and IM framework for this growing mining business.
- Understanding business strategy, plans, objectives and value drivers for Conuma.
- Designing and managing all Conuma's IM and IT requirements so as to provide the lowest cost, robust and effective technical platform to support Conuma's business objectives.
- Understanding current trends for IT and IM functions and for mining and exploration industries.
- Implementing IT and 1M strategies and plans that improve revenue, drive down costs and improve asset utilization.
- Achieving strategic agreement and alignment between 1M, IT and Business functions.
- Managing relationships with external IT/IM vendors and Business unit management.
- Identifying and mitigating risks associated with the use, communication and storage of information technology and associated data, information, knowledge and business processes.
Systems and Processes:
- Comply with all Conuma Coal Resources HR, safety, technical, environmental, operating procedures and business systems.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant systems and provide the necessary governance to ensure system optimization and consistency throughout Conuma Coal Resources.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of systems to continually improve performance and ensure the needs of the Business are met.
- Strive to deliver "Best Practice" IT and IM service models within Conuma Coal Resources Limited.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in IT/IM roles, of which at least three should have been in management roles.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in IT.
- Cisco and MS certification.
- Mining experience is strongly preferable.
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- Strong problem solving and communication skill set.
- Experience in using integrated ERP systems.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent technical skills and demonstrated aptitude with regards to IT troubleshooting processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving support, flexibility and team work.
- Ability to meet requirements of own and department's action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, consistency, confidentiality and a commitment to continuous improvement in the work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues.
- Analytical skills to understand issues, determine and implement solutions.
- Experience in constructing Information Management Solutions would be an added advantage.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) management.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).