Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The IT Technician Shall be responsible for supporting the Information Technology (IT) functions for Conuma Coal Resources Limited.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in Northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The IT Specialist must have strong IT and Information Management (IM) skills, to support an effective IT Department and IT/IM vendors in delivering a robust and comprehensive IT framework for this growing mining business.
- Responsible for delivering frontline IT service and support to all users across mine and administration sites.
- Responsible for monitoring all LAN equipment including telephones, PABX, routers, switches, wireless links, computers, printers, scanners, multifunction devices, and network enabled process control equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining current documentation of all onsite IT Systems and related processes.
- Responsible for providing tier 1/tier 2 support to all users/applications, and services within the environment.
- Responsible for provision of first response support to critical network outages, and after hours and on call work is expected.
- This role involves regular collaboration interactions with, and receipt of guidance from, other IM team members throughout the enterprise.
- Other duties as required.
Systems and Processes:
- Comply with all Conuma Coal Resources HR, safety, technical, environmental, operating procedures and business systems.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant systems and provide the necessary governance to ensure system optimization and consistency throughout Conuma Coal Resources.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of systems to continually improve performance and ensure the needs of the Business are met.
- Strive to deliver "Best Practice" IT and IM service models within Conuma Coal Resources Limited.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in IT/IM roles
- Diploma in Information Technology, comparable industry certifications and/or ability to demonstrate equivalent competencies.
- Cisco and MS certification.
- Mining experience is strongly preferable.
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of network architecture and client/server technology.
- Strong problem solving and communication skill set.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong technical skills and demonstrated aptitude with regards to IT troubleshooting processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment involving support, flexibility and team work.
- Ability to meet requirements of Own and department's action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, consistency, confidentiality and a commitment to continuous improvement in the work environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills to understand issues, determine and implement solutions.
- Willingness to be "on call" on a rotating basis.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).