- Wolverine Mine - Tumbler Ridge, BC
- Brule Mine - Chetwynd, BC
- Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
Safely and efficiently diagnose, troubleshoot, service and repair Conuma Coal’s large fleet of mining trucks and equipment.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair heavy mining equipment, ancillary equipment used in open pit coal mining; such as shovels, drills, haul trucks, loaders, dozers and excavators.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Respond to mechanical issues both in the maintenance shop and in the field.
- Report to Maintenance Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman / Journeywoman - 4 Years Technical Training / Experience
- Mining experience preferred
- Must be able to communicate (read/write/speak) effectively in English
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work 12 hour day and night shifts; on a 7 days on / 7 days off rotation.
- Good written and oral skills in English
- Knowledge of computer maintenance systems an asset.
- Willingness to work in adverse conditions;
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in North-Eastern BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, North Eastern British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
- $44.55 - $45.44/hr
Conuma Coal provides comprehensive benefits including:
- Paid vacation
- Extended healthcare
- RRSP matching
- Up to $10,000 relocation allowance
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).