Job Title: Junior Planner - Scheduler
Location: Brule Mine (Chetwynd, BC), Willow Creek Mine (Chetwynd, BC) and Wolverine Mine (Tumbler Ridge, BC)
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
Support the planning and scheduling of repairs to mobile mining equipment and the facilities the maintenance department uses to maintain the equipment
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal Resources workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control;
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace; and
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal Resources environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst the workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Candidates will manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite or de-expedite delivery of items to meet requirements;
- Put together weekly maintenance schedules for 3 running weeks, including but not limited to Primary Maintenance tasks (PM’s) & secondary work orders.
- Establish available manpower in all trade types including contractors to be used to establish a 3 week planning schedule.
- Assist the Sr Planner in planning major equipment outages buy using planning techniques as well as the use of Gantt charts.
- Prepare weekly schedules for weekly planning meeting with Operations and Maintenance.
- Establish root cause and work to resolve any issues which could affect supply of parts and/or equipment performance;
- Liaise with other planners, other maintenance personnel and production supervisors as is necessary to keep them informed on the progress of maintenance and repairs.
- Candidates will escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates will have previous experience in a maintenance and repairs of earth-moving equipment.
- Candidate will have aptitude for logistics, planning and scheduling;
- Applicants will have excellent Vendor Management Skills; and
- Ideally candidates will possess previous CMMS experience.
- Candidates will have the aptitude to participate and pass planning certification courses (ex: Carver)
- Experience working with large data sets and sorting and reconciling data.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity;
- Visible team player at workplace;
- A positive attitude and be a good ambassador for the company.
- Ability to prioritize;
- Be respectful and possess cultural awareness and sensitivity skills;
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internally and externally;
Problem Solving Capability
- Ability to listen and earn respect from other employees;
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Possess strong problem-solving ability, with particular attention to the details; and
- Ability to act with integrity, good judgment, and discretion.
Technical Competencies & Skills
- Computer skills include use of Microsoft Software packages; with better than average competence in spread sheets and relational database programs
- Be able to read schematic and diagrams for the purpose of determining parts lists.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd / Mackenzie
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).