Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position (Mon-Fri 8 hour days)
The selected candidate will use their strong detection and investigation skills to reduce loss and ensure a safe environment for all Conuma Coal employees.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely and efficiently perform electrician duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
- Ensure the reliability of the overall electrical systems in both the process plant and open pit mine.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a safety related field with 5 years’ experience in Loss Prevention
- Valid Driver’s License
- Standard First Aid, TDG and WHMIS
- Meet the requirements for the Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, able to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with other employees, and communicate clearly.
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Complete understanding of Health/Safety/Loss Prevention legislative requirements and standards.
- A good sense of priorities, are organized and a good team spirit.
- Good computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).