Job Title: Loss Prevention Officer
Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
Reporting to the site Loss Prevention Coordinator, the Loss Prevention Officer is responsible for matters related to health, safety and site security
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all visitors and employees in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain a high level of health & safety performance
- Adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Respond to emergencies and administer competent first aid
- Willing to obtain a mine rescue certificate and participate in mine rescue activities
- Perform workplace monitoring and control access and egress of all mine site personnel and equipment
- Accurately complete reports
- Participate in drug and alcohol program as collector
- Assist the Loss Prevention Coordinator when needed.
- Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum three (3) years first aid experience with OFA Level 3 or equivalent
- Valid OFA Level 3 certification or equivalent
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Previous experience in the mining industry or industrial setting is considered an asset
- Valid BC Mine Rescue certificate is considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook;
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd / Mackenzie, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).