Schedule: Full-time and casual positions available
Location: Tumbler Ridge/Chetwynd, British Columbia
- Optimize warehouse efficiencies and implement warehouse layout plans;
- Ensure that all Warehouse Personnel are properly trained
- Conduct regular planning meetings with lead hand staff to formulate and assess work assignments;
- Ensure that daily audits of inventory accuracy and process adherence are conducted. These include but are not limited to Daily Cycle Counts, Location Audits, and other established audits.
- Prepares and manages warehouse operating budget
- Ensure warehouse employees conform to the environmental management system
- Prepares, implements, and ensures adherence to all Warehouse processes and procedures
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal's workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control;
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace; and
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal's environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Other duties as required.
- University degree preferred in inventory and warehouse management or related field
- Minimum 10 years in warehouse management in an industrial setting; open pit mining preferred
- A minimum of 10 years in progressive supervisory and management positions
- Experience with budget preparation and cost management
- Ability to listen and earn respect from employees
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Attention to the details
- Ability to act with integrity, good judgment, and discretion
- Mediation/dispute resolution skills an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity;
- Visible team player at workplace
- A positive attitude
- Ability to mentor employees