Job Title: Manager of Warehouse Operations
Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
Manage the budget, planning and day-to-day operations of Conuma Coal’s warehouse team in accordance with operational requirements.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize warehouse efficiencies and implement warehouse layout plans.
- Ensure that all Warehouse Personnel are properly trained.
- Conduct regular planning meetings with lead hand staff to formulate and assess work assignments.
- Ensure that daily audits of inventory accuracy and process adherence are conducted. These include but are not limited to Daily Cycle Counts, Location Audits, and other established audits.
- Prepares and manages warehouse operating budget.
- Ensure warehouse employees conform to the environmental management system.
- Prepares, implements, and ensures adherence to all Warehouse processes and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal's workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, onitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma Coal's environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements.
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization.
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree preferred in inventory and warehouse management or related field.
- Minimum 10 years in warehouse management in an industrial setting; open pit mining preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years in progressive supervisory and management positions.
- Experience with budget preparation and cost management.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to listen and earn respect from employees.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Attention to the details.
- Ability to act with integrity, good judgment, and discretion.
- Mediation/dispute resolution skills an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Visible team player at workplace.
- A positive attitude.
- Ability to mentor employees.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place.)
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).