Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position
The Mine Technician provides technical support, drawings and survey data to assist mine operations.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to mine operations in an active pit.
- Surveying of an operating pit, duties include month end survey reconciliation, pit topographic updates drawings and map generation.
- Work closely with other members of the engineering and operations department to gain an understanding of the mining process in an active pit.
- Assist in designing and supervising of the blast hole drilling and analyzing data.
- Staking blast hole patterns and pit work area face pickups
- Installing and surveying pit wall monitoring systems.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technician Diploma and/or
- 1+ year working experience in similar roles within the mining industry will be considered.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods.
- A positive attitude and customer focused approach.
- Ability to prioritize and work as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge in Mine Modeling Software, such as AutoCAD, and Minescape.
- Knowledge of surveying.
- Ability to use survey instruments and do surveying.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).