In the cab of drill, outdoors. Extreme weather (cold), uneven ground, dust, and working around heavy equipment and loud noise.
12 hour shifts, (7 days on/ 7days off)
2, 30-minute breaks per shift
Operate mobile drills in open pit mine. Drill the blast pattern, using rotary or down the hole or top hammer drills.
Critical Job Demands:
- Change steel when it brakes.
- General drill maintenance check involving climbing on and walking around the equipment.
- Change bits
- Walking on uneven ground.
- Drill blast holes
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
- Mobile Drill (Driving, Hand controls)
- Drill bits (65-75 lbs)
- Ladder climbing onto equipment (Tallest step 25”)
- J wrenches