Job Title: Mobile Equipment Electrician
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mobile Equipment Electrician will focus primarily on the electric drive fleet for day to day and long-term repairs. The Mobile Equipment Electrician will work closely with all trades within the Maintenance Department. This role will require the individual to work both in and outdoors as required and while primary focus is for the electric drive fleet shovel and drill work will be required.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trouble shoot and maintain Komatsu 830 – 5 AC haul trucks and 1350 Letourneau loader;
- Experience with AC voltage and wiring/minor repair of generators for hi voltage lightings and heavy equipment heater systems;
- Previous experience in support of shovels and drills, daily maintenance as well as planned improvements; and
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman red seal electrical trade certification with mobile heavy equipment experience.
- 4-8 years’ experience in mining industry thorough understanding of mining equipment, work practices, and procedures.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of GE control systems in relation to electric drive heavy equipment;
- Previous experience on AC motors, IGBT’s and STATEX systems/controls; and
- Team collaboration is a key element for this role, will report directly to maintenance supervisor while working closely with other related trades within the maintenance department.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.