Job Title: Maintenance Clerk
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week) position for Maternity Leave coverage – 12 to 18 Month Term.
The Plant Maintenance Clerk will provide all administrative support and supplemental planning support to both the Process Plant Operations & Processing Plant Maintenance Departments.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and record employee vacation and manage coverage for vacation.
- Track and review employee timecards and submit to payroll.
- Order parts and supplies for Building Maintenance, Plant Maintenance, and Plant Operations using ERP system.
- Track cost and understand proper GL codes when ordering parts or labour.
- Create, and track workorders.
- Plan and schedule projects as directed by Plant Maintenance Supervisor.
- Work with management to ensure sufficient parts and labour are available for maintenance days and operating shifts.
- Update maintenance information system with accurate service and repair history.
- Schedule services and repairs, and track costs for Processing Plant light vehicle fleet.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure payment to vendors.
- Work with Environmental department to supply information and data to ensure compliancy.
- Update Plant Production Spreadsheets and disseminate according to existing protocols.
- Track Operational downtime and trend inefficiencies for review by management.
- Track annual Mechanical/Electrical/Loadout inspections to ensure compliancy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience in mining environment would be an asset
- Experience in fixed maintenance planning would be an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage time.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
Work Location / Travel
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge, BC
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
Conuma Coal Resources is an equal opportunity employer