Job Title: Plant Process / Crusher Foreman or Forewoman
Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: As soon as possible
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position
Oversee plant shift operations with objective of maximizing production volume at minimal cost.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to Conuma’s workplace policies and standard work procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control;
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard work procedures.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace; and
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training
- Ensure adherence to Conuma’s environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills
- Supervise Operators to ensure consistent Plant utilization and Plant performance while promoting a safe work environment.
- Perform regular inspections of all plant areas to ensure best operating practices are being followed
- Diagnose plant operating deficiencies and bring resolution to processing issues.
- Perform routine inspection of plant equipment and auxiliaries to ensure safe operating condition and effectiveness.
- Diagnose equipment operating defects focusing on identifying root cause and coordinate maintenance works with fixed maintenance team.
- Report on shift activities and performance indicators to management on regular basis.
- Clean Coal Stockpile management.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Supervisory role
- Understanding of crushing and screening;
- Understanding of coal qualities and or specifications;
- Proven ability to motivate employees to work safely and achieve operational targets;
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office software;
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals with integrity, empathy and sincerity;
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving ability, with particular attention to the details;
- Decision making and negotiation
- Literacy skills including the ability to read manuals and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to work under stress and pressure
- Excellent time-management
- Ability to act with integrity, good judgment, and discretion;
- Mediation/dispute resolution skills an asset.
This position is required to make field visits to other areas of the mine property. He/she must be physically fit and have the ability to travel by foot or vehicle. Some requirements for this position include: Lifting, climbing stairs, working around mechanical equipment, and working outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in North-Eastern BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, North Eastern British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee buses are available from Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).