Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge BC & Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time, permanent position
Responsible for the operation and monitoring of the equipment within the designated area, by ensuring that safety is maintained and that production objectives are met.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Ensure adherence to Conuma’s workplace policies and standard operating procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Maintain a high level of Health and Safety performance through effective communication, monitoring and revision of standard operating procedures.
- Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace
- Attend and participate in all scheduled health and safety meetings and training.
- Ensure adherence to Conuma’s environmental policy, work standards, management plans and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Integrate environmental policies, programs, and practices into all activities of the organization; and
- Maintain environmental awareness amongst workforce by holding meetings and actively participate in planned environmental programs and drills.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Plant Experience
- Knowledge of process plant operational standards
- Current Coal Board Medical & Generics.
- Current Drivers License.
Skills and Abilities
- A firm Grasp of Flotation Dynamics for Mineral Processing
- Experience with Thickeners and Tailings Slurry
- Experience with Dense Media Separation
- Experience with the Operation of: Conveyors/Dryers/Rotary Breakers/Crushers/Magnetic Separators/Pumps/Cyclones/Vibrating Screen Decks/Spirals.
- Small Loader/Bobcat Experience
- Experience identifying & troubleshooting process deficiencies in Mill/CPP setting and working towards rectifying issues with maintenance personnel.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in North-Eastern BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, North Eastern British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Tumbler Ridge / Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).