Job Title: Recruiter
Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC.
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: Temporary (Casual) Position at Hourly Rate
The Recruiter's mission is to find the most compelling candidates to join Conuma Coal's growing team. You will be responsible for driving candidates through the hiring process. You have to be driven, high energy and have the ability to hire multiple candidates at various levels that are needed within our organization.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. Products from our three mine operations in Northeastern BC, Brule, Willow Creek and Wolverine, leave us well-positioned to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Twice winner of the Edward Prior Mine Safety Award for the lowest injury frequency rate in British Columbia, Conuma continues to lead the industry with multi-million-dollar investments in the latest collision avoidance and fatigue monitoring safety technologies for the protection of our employees.
Conuma is much more than metallurgical coal. Conuma and its employees are embedded in our communities. The company’s Pay It Forward program began in 2017 and since then has raised over $425,000 in support of “Our Kids” at a Bolivian Orphanage and the Vancouver Children’s Foundation. Locally, Conuma’s employee winter hockey matches ensure much-needed donations to the Food Bank, while in the summer, our employees get together to assist the local high school teams as they prepare their go-karts for the Conuma Challenge.
Our local communities in Northeastern British Columbia are amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle, and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock-climbing opportunities. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit top talent.
- Excel in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
- Ensure professionalism and confidentiality are adhered to.
- Full Cycle Recruitment – Sourcing resumes, working with hiring manager’s and overall organizational recruitment needs.
- Possess a sense of urgency and be able to handle multiple job openings.
- Share and exchange information with all levels of management as well as your team.
- Attend career fairs.
- Work closely with Managers and Conuma's Human Resources Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience for high volume of positions
- Grade Twelve – Experience in Recruiting or Marketing and Sales
Skills and Abilities
- The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively with all levels of candidates and management.
- Solid track record of solving complex problems and delivering significant impact as an individual and as a team contributor.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- The successful candidate will be an assertive, results and success-oriented self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong relationships.
Work Location / Travel
- Ability to travel occasionally to different Mine Sites and attend career fairs.
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.