Location: Willow Creek Mine, Chetwynd, BC
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: 12-hour shifts, (7 days on / 7 days off) 2x 30-minute breaks per shift
The Steamer’s main objective is to clean off mobile equipment as required in preparation to allow the Maintenance Department to achieve its objectives and targets safely and within a timely manner.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete daily walk around of work area immediately adjacent to the equipment designated for cleaning/steaming.
- Communicate and work closely with the members of the Maintenance crew as required.
- Completion of proper safety harnessing, ladder use and/or securing for safe and proper operation of the steam wand and hose as associated with equipment cleaning.
- Cleaning equipment including but not limited to exterior, undercarriage wheels and castings, engine compartment as required
- Operation of a high-pressure steam wand.
- Other related duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Class 5 drivers’ licenses
Skills and Abilities
- Able to safely operate a standard transmission
- Excellent customer service and a focused team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Truck shop: Noise of heavy equipment tools, dust, exhaust, cement floors. Frequently near moving equipment or parts.
Field: Extreme weather conditions (e.g., temperature, precipitation, wind, visibility), variable and extreme walking and driving conditions (e.g., rock, mud, ice, snow, extremely uneven ground at times), frequently near moving equipment or parts, frequently driving, frequent bend/twist/reach/push/pull combinations in awkward postures while outdoors.
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Employee bus transport is available from Chetwynd
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).