Job Title: Training Coordinator
Location: Northeast British Columbia
Language of Work: English
Start Date: When filled
Schedule / Terms of Employment: This is a full time (40 hours/week), permanent position
The Training Coordinator leads and participates in developing the training components to support the implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Conuma Coal Training Plan and support to the Loss Prevention Management Plan.
Conuma is a leading Canadian producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. In 2016, Conuma acquired Walter Energy’s Canadian assets, which consisted of three metallurgical coal mines in northeast British Columbia. These mines now make up the company’s Canadian operations. The company is well-positioned to meet the world’s growing demand for metallurgical coal products. With ready access to both the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, Conuma is able to serve customers in South America, Europe and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess and define Company-wide processes to implement long-term strategies supporting loss prevention, continuous improvement, and intended management approach and employee culture
- Develop and source training solutions to support the Company's leadership objectives
- Assess training needs for new and existing employees
- Organize, develop or source training programs to meet specific training needs
- Develop and maintain Company Learning Management System (LMS)
- Develop training plans for individual employees and departments
- Liaise with all departments to develop and provide in-house training
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps
- Ensure all training needs are complete to meet applicable statutory compliance's
- Develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks
- Facilitate learning based on site requirements through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, hands-on training, on-the-job coaching, and virtual or computer-based training
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness
- Track and report training outcomes
- Evaluate and continuously improve training material and methodology
- Manage logistics for training activities including venues and equipment
- Manage and maintain in-house training personnel (dotted line), facilities and equipment
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with Management of Change and Document Control
- Experience in an open-pit mining environment an asset
- A relevant Degree or Diploma would be considered an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles, instructional design, training methodologies, learning management systems and competency assessment
- Strong computer\software skills required
Work Location / Travel
Conuma’s properties are located in Northeast BC, amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America. At the Tumbler Ridge UNESCO Global Geopark, employees can enjoy almost limitless hiking amongst some of Canada’s biggest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, explore 97 million-year-old dinosaur footprints, ski cross-country trails, play ice-hockey, swim indoors and out, cycle and enjoy the sense of community only a small town provides. An hour and a quarter away, Chetwynd is famous for its chainsaw wood carvings, First Nations Bands and offers a range of kayaking, snowmobiling and rock climbing opportunities. Local amenities include medical centres, retail and grocery stores, bars and restaurants with events held through the year. Regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with vastly reduced costs of living, Northeast British Columbia is the outdoor paradise our employees are proud to call home.
- Please be aware no camp facilities are available. (Conuma Coal believes in supporting our local communities by promoting them as a place for our employees to call home, not just a work place).
Wage and Benefits
Conuma Coal provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, RRSP matching and extended healthcare.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to Careers@ConumaCoal.com, mentioning the job title you are applying for in the subject line, and indicating your authorization to work in Canada (work permit, permanent resident or Canadian).